Learn to Play
Quarterly programs to learn
basic ice hockey skills
River City Sportplex LTP Program
Li’l Hawks Learn to Play (“LTP”) Program is for boys and girls ages 4 – 12 and is designed to teach the fundamentals of proper skating and stick handling techniques for hockey. Completion of a Learn to Skate Program prior to taking LTP program is strongly recommended. Once players earn these basic hockey skills, they can elevate their game by joining our Grand Junction River Hawks Hockey Club.
River City Sportplex recommends the following gear (helmet, shin pads, elbow pads, gloves, stick and pants).
• To provide a fun and safe skating experience for the amateur as well as the developing hockey star.
• To learn the correct techniques for skating, stick handling and shooting.
• To advance student’s physical and mental wellbeing.
• To empower all members to accomplish their goals in the Learn to Play Hockey program.
• Seven weekly one (1) hour sessions
• Skate rental included
• Small class sizes: 8-10 understudies per instructor